Call to Fortran EXE from VB Express 2010 not working

Discussion in 'Visual Basic .Net' started by DN Admin, Apr 27, 2012.

1. DN Admin

Staff Member

United States
    Can anyone recommend a solution to my problem - I have a button on a form that is supposed to run an executable (compiled Intel Fortran v11) on the click event. Here is the code:
    <a> Private Sub RunButton_Click() Handles RunButton.Click
    Try
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:testDirtestCode.exe")
    Catch ex As Exception
    MessageBox.Show("Unable to locate desired file")
    End Try
    End Sub
    I'm certain the path is correct and I have verified that running the testCode.exe from the cmd window works as it should (testCode.out file is updated). When I try to run the process via the RunButton it appears to work...no errors are
    reported or caught. However, the expected output file is not updated indicating testCode.exe did not execute. All of the online support I have researched indicates this should work. Please help.
    <a> <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-size:small </span></span><span style="color:#0000ff; font-size:small <span style="color:#0000ff; font-size:small <span style="color:#0000ff; font-size:small </span></span></span><span style="font-size:small <span style="font-size:small </span></span><span style="font-size:small <span style="font-size:small </span></span>
    <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-size:small </span></span>
    <a> <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-size:small </span></span>

View the full article